Marla Jones, Managing Editor
RAINSVILLE, Ala.--The Rainsville City Council held its regularly scheduled meeting on November 15th.
The Council passed Resolution 11-15-2021 A, which awarded the bid for demolition of the existing culvert at Chavies Road in the amount of $7,842.00 to Brown Construction. The Council gave Mayor Rodger Lingerfelt the authority to prepare paperwork by the City of Rainsville to put out for bids in early December, for the replacement of the culvert at Chavies Road.
The Council passed Resolution 11-15-2021 B, which un-surplused a Mahindra Tractor, due to lack of suitable bids. The tractor will be used in various locations within the City.
Recently, a Rainsville Sanitation truck spilled hydraulic fuel at the Ider Housing Authority. Workers brought in sand to cover the spill. The City does not have the equipment to clean up the sand at the site. The Council awarded the bid of $1600 to Kevin Brown for cleanup and removal.
The Council approved a five-year lease for acreage adjoining the Northeast Alabama Agri-Business Center, to Eric Samples.
In other business, the Council:
- Accepted the resignation of Gerald Mull at the Sanitation Department, effective 11/15/21
- Hired Garland Frazier at $14.63 per hour at the Sanitation Department
- Purchased a pressure washer for the Public Works in the amount of $3,339.99 from Northern Tools
- Purchased (4) 4-yard dumpsters in the amount of $4,484.00 and (2) 20-yard dumpsters in the amount of $14,302.00
- Approved emergency sewer line repair on Willingham Street at approximately $2,600.00 to Jones Utilities
The next meeting of the Rainsville City Council will be held on December 6th.