Marla Jones, Managing Editor
RAINSVILLE, Ala.-- (Full Video on Southern Torch Facebook) The Rainsville City Council held their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, April 18.
The Council approved the purchase of a fire truck. Bid specifications are for a 2006 model truck with low mileage, 40 series engine, the capability of 1250-1500 GPM, 7 ½ kilowatt generator, and a 1000 gallon poly tank. Bids will be accepted for seven days and will be opened on April 21 at 12 p.m. at the Rainsville City Hall.
“The Rainsville Fire/Rescue will be replacing our current 2001 Engine. Purchasing a newer engine will be the first step in updating an aging fleet. This will also help with space as requirements for equipment and manpower arise.”
Mayor Rodger Lingerfelt announced that a City Audit had been completed and could be found at www.emma.msrb.org for anyone who would to view the City information.
Mayor Lingerfelt gave an update regarding the Chavies Culvert project. The crews are finishing up forming and are scheduled to pour on Wednesday. The concrete will have to sit for 28 days before construction can begin.
Rainsville Police Chief Michael Edmondson reported that a grant for new tablets for the police department and fire department in the amount of $50,000 per department had been approved. The tablets are to be purchased and then the city would receive reimbursement.
The Council passed Resolution 04-18-2022, awarding a bid to Boykin Tractor, in the amount of $14,900 for an ATV to be used by Park and Recreation.
In other business, the City Council approved the following:
- A bid for (2) laptops and (4) tablets from FTC in the amount of $6,248.20 was approved for the Sanitisation Department
- The purchase of a cabinet for the Sanitation Department
- Sponsorship of $2,500 to Plainview School for the construction of a wall and landscaping
- The registration of Dustin Garrison for the Police Department
- Travel and training requests for the following: Gerald Mount (Police), Michael Edmondson, and Matt Crum (Police), Austin Langley (Police), Dean White (Police), and Kelly Frazier (City Hall)
- A quote from Covenant Cabinetry in the amount of $2,850.00 for a workstation at the Rainsville Annex
- Headwalls and pipe extension on Scott Street for $5,000 to be completed by Boozer Construction and the Street Department
- Water Flume on Wilson Street in the amount of $5,000 to be completed by Boozed Construction
- Purchase of (6) 4-yard dumpsters in the amount of $5,238.00, (2) 20-yard dumpsters in the amount of $10,988.00, and (100) garbage cans in the amount of $7,521.60 all from WasteQuip
- A Rainsville Golf Sponsorship in the amount of $1,000
The next meeting of the Rainsville City Council will be held on May 2. A work session will begin at 4:00 and Regular Session at 4:30 p.m.