By Zach Hester, Reporter • firstname.lastname@example.org (Photo by P. Casey Daley | The Tennessean)
DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. — Fort Payne natives and all around country icons Alabama will embark on a brand new tour next year. For their 50th anniversary, members Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Jeff Cook will travel across the nation on a tour that is set to celebrate the band's longtime success in country music.
Since they formed in 1969, the band has celebrated chart-topping hits, plenty of number one albums, and hundreds of industry awards including two Grammys.
The band will open the tour on January 10 at Detroit's Fox Theatre before heading across the United States for what promises to be a special evening of music every night.
The tour will welcome support from artists like The Charlie Daniels Band, Exile, The Oak Ridge Boys, The Marshall Tucker Band and several others.
Alabama’s 2019 50th Anniversary Tour Dates
- Jan. 10 – Detroit, Mich. @ The Fox Theatre (with Chris Janson)
- Jan. 11 – Indianapolis, Ind. @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse (with Restless Heart)
- Jan .19 – Atlantic City, N.J. @ Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena
- Jan. 20 – Albany, N.Y. @ Times Union Center (with Exile)
- Feb. 14 – San Antonio, Texas @ San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo
- Feb. 15 – New Orleans, La. @ Smoothie King Center (with Tracy Lawrence)
- Feb. 28 – Plant City, Fla. @ Florida Strawberry Festival
- March 1 – St. Augustine, Fla. @ The St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- March 14 – Salem, Va. @ Salem Civic Center (with The Oak Ridge Boys)
- March 15 – Pittsburgh, Pa. @ PPG Paints Arena (with Tracy Lawrence)
- March 22 – Springfield, Mo. @ JQH Arena (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- March 23 – North Little Rock, Ark. @ Verizon Arena (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- April 5 – Greensboro, N.C. @ Greensboro Coliseum (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- April 6 – Charlottesville, Va. @ John Paul Jones Arena (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- April 12 – Wilkes-Barre, Pa. @ Mohegan Sun Arena (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- April 13 – Hartford, Conn. @ XL Center (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- April 26 – Providence, R.I. @ Dunkin' Donuts Center (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- April 27 – State College, Pa. @ Bryce Jordan Center (with The Charlie Daniels Band)
- May 31 – Cedar Rapids, Iowa @ U.S. Cellular Center
- June 1 – La Cygne, Kan. @ Tumbleweed
- June 6 – Myrtle Beach, S.C. @ Carolina Country Music Festival
- June 7 – Macon, Ga. @ Macon Centreplex Coliseum (with The Marshall Tucker Band)
- June 13 -16 – Grand Junction, Colo. @ Country Jam (performance date TBA)
- June 15 – Salt Lake City, Utah @ Maverik Center
- June 26 – Minneapolis, Minn. @ Target Center (with the Charlie Daniels Band)
- June 27 – Oshkosh, Wisc. @ Country USA
- Sept 14 – Peoria, Ill. @ Tailgate N' Tallboys