By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • email@example.com
RAINSVILLE, Ala. — The Rainsville City Council held their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, November 4.
The Council made the following Board appointments:
- Sewer Board: Fred Bobo, Tim Barksdale, Jerry Smith, Dave Hallmark, Lester Black, Brian Shrader, Darrell Samples, and Joey Graham
- DeKalb Mental Health Board: Jonathan Phillips, Whitney Whiteside and John Nelson
- Library Board: Ann Poe, Joyce Baker, Bill Ayers, Teresa Hill, and Marsha Hudley
- Tom Bevill Enrichment Center Board: Faye Gaskin, Joe Flarity, Kelly Frasier, Cindy Black, Zane Mitchell, and Whitney Mitchell
- Public Building Authority Board: Eric Samples (six-year term), Monk Blevins (four-year term), Angie Stewart (two-year term)
- Agri-Business Center Board: Angie Stewart (one-year term), Brian Thomas (two-year term), Buddy Boykin (two-year term), Eric Samples (two-year term), Stewart Mitchell (two-year term), and Monk Blevins (two-year term)
- Zoning Board: Jeffrey Pope, Zane Mitchell, Sandy Goff, Carol Laney, Skeeter Logan, and Kathy Gledhill
- Special Exception Board: Ronald Bell, Nick Ledbetter, Ronald Ward, Kevin Miller, Joe Flarity, and Leslie Colvard
- Industrial Development Board: Joe Moncus, Benji Laney, Kevin Wilks, Donny Frasier Jr., Robert Ellis, Scott Kirk, and Jim Bradford
The Council tabled all Beautification Board appointments until further review.
During the meeting, the Council honored the Plainview B & C Pee Wee Football Teams for being regional champions and first runners-up in the Super Bowl, which was held last weekend in Albertville.
The Council also took the following actions:
- Approved City Clerk Kelly Frasier to attend the Clerk’s Conference on December 3-6
- Transferred Adam Facteau from the Sanitation Department to the Wastewater Treatment Plant at a rate of $14.06 per hour
- Posted a job for a CDL Driver at the Sanitation Department at a rate of $13.72 per hour
- Approved a one-time pay raise of 60 cents per hour for City employees
The next meeting of the Rainsville City Council will be held on Monday, November 18 at 5pm with a workshop beginning at 4:15pm.