By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • email@example.com
DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. — Qualifying for municipal elections began on Tuesday, July 7 at 8 a.m. and will close on Tuesday, July 21, at 5 p.m.
Any individual who wishes to run in a city or town’s municipal election must qualify to run within this time frame. To be eligible, a candidate must live within the city limits of said municipality.
As of press time, the following candidates have qualified:
- Mayor: Tera Fortenberry (incumbent)
- Council: Nelson Ferrell (incumbent, place 1), Faye Kilgo (incumbent, place 3), Bryan Ray (incumbent, place 4)
- Council: Jamie Fleming, Wade Hill (incumbent), Kerry Jones, Charlene Magbie, Diego Reynoso, Angie Shugart, Leslie Vaughn, Walter Watson, Neal Wooten
- Mayor: Paul Cagle (incumbent), Jonathan Bartlet
- Council: James Spears (incumbent, place 1), Gerald Green (incumbent, place 3), Dale Wooten (incumbent, place 5)
- Mayor: Chuck Ables (incumbent)
- Council: Shon Rogers, Angelia Camp, Sherrie Hiett
- Mayor: John Moore
- Council: Felicia Harrison
- Council: Jeff McCurdy (incumbent, place 5), Joy Dixson (place 2), Robert Trotman (incumbent, place 4)
- Mayor: Rob Hammond
- Council: Ray Padgett (place 4)
- Mayor: Rodger Lingerfelt
- Council: Arlan Blevins (place 1), Bejan Taheri (place 2), Ricky Byrum (place 3), Brandon Freeman (place 4), Derek Rosson (place 5)
- Council: Gary Ferguson (place 4), Denny Smith (place 3)
- Mayor: Michael Key
- Council: Russell Head (place 1), Adele Phillips (incumbent, place 2), Jack Martin (incumbent, place 3), Marie Behling (place 4)
At the time of press, no candidates have qualified for municipal elections in Collinsville, Ider, Lakeview, Pine Ridge, Powell, or Shiloh.
Municipal elections in DeKalb County will be held on Tuesday, August 25.