By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • email@example.com
DeKALB COUNTY, Ala. — At this week's meeting of the DeKalb County Commission, Commission President Ricky Harcrow recognized Rainsville resident Mary Nell Ridgeway who turned 100 on January 6, 2020.
Ridgeway lives in Rainsville and was born in Fyffe. She was one of 12 children in her family. She was married to Wilfred Durham for 76 years and has two daughters, Kyna Bowman and Gena McMinamin. Ridgeway has five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
During the meeting, the Commission passed:
- Awarded bituminous surface treatment bid to Charles E. Watts Inc. for $816,301.12
- Gave Harcrow authorization to sign ALDOT FAET MOA Memorandum, which would give the county $400,000 annually in federal funds
- Moved John Jackson from the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office (DSCO) to a salaried position at the Courthouse
- Approved the AED Bid Award from ENS Superstore in the amount of $37,000 for defibrillators at DSCO
- Hired Jeff McCurdy as the County Attorney
The next meeting of the DeKalb County Commission will be held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2020.