By Zach Hester, Reporter • firstname.lastname@example.org
DeKALB COUNTY, Ala. — Just one week after setting a graduation schedule for DeKalb County schools in July, the DeKalb County Board of Education has announced a revised schedule of graduations that will now occur in May.
"On Friday May 8, 2020, with the governor's updates to the 'Safer at Home' protocol as well as guidance from Dr. Eric Mackey, Alabama State Superintendent, it was shared that we could have graduations within our regular schedule given that some guidelines are met," DeKalb County Superintendent Dr. Jason Barnett said in a statement.
The guidelines provided by Dr. Mackey include a six-feet distance between families, though family members from the same household may sit together without social distancing. Each graduate will be provided with six tickets to their graduation ceremony.
The Updated Schedule:
- Collinsville: May 20 at 6 p.m. in the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum
- Crossville: May 30 at 6 p.m. in the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum
- Geraldine: May 22 at 6 p.m. at Coolidge Isbell Field
- Fort Payne: May 21 at 8 p.m. at Wildcat Stadium
- Fyffe: May 18 at 6 p.m. at Fyffe Football Stadium
- Ider: May 19 at 6 p.m. at the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum
- Plainview: May 21 at 7 p.m. in the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum
- Sylvania: May 22 at 6 p.m. at Sylvania Football Stadium/Gym
- Valley Head: May 22 at 6 p.m. in the DeKalb County Schools Coliseum
"We look forward to seeing you soon and celebrating this major milestone in the life of our graduates," Barnett concluded.