By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • firstname.lastname@example.org
FORT PAYNE, Ala. — According to the DeKalb County Emergency Management Agency and the Alabama Department of Public Health, a drive-through COVID-19 testing clinic will be offered at DeKalb County VFW Fairgrounds, 151 18th St. NE, Fort Payne, Ala. 35968 on Tuesday, July 28, from 8until 11 a.m. while testing supplies last.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following; fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell.
These are the requirements for testing:
- Persons with symptoms
- Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction.
Appointments are not required, but persons tested must meet the Alabama Department of Public Health testing criteria. Please call (256) 237-7523 for information.
The Alabama Department of Public Health advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
- Avoid people who are sick
- Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Monitor your health