By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • email@example.com
PHOTO: (Chris Pruitt | Wikimedia Commons)
DeKALB COUNTY, Ala. — The DeKalb County Courthouse and DeKalb County Activities Building are closed to the public effective immediately until further notice due to circumstances related to COVID-19.
According to DeKalb County Commission President Rickey Harcrow, the safety of the citizens are of utmost importance.
“Being the only Courthouse open, citizens of neighboring counties and even from other states were coming to the DeKalb County Courthouse to do their business such as registering their boats. Several were turned away due to having fevers. We have to keep our employees safe. They are still on the job just isolated,” stated Harcrow.
Harcrow went on to say, “You can not make me believe that the actions we took [within the County] even before the State did, did not slow the spread. Our methods and our motives are right. We will get through this.”
Those having service needs should attempt to call the appropriate office of the need to conduct business via telephone or online.
- DeKalb County Commission: (256) 845-8569
- DeKalb County Probate: (256) 845-8510
- DeKalb County Circuit Clerk Office: (256) 845-8525
- DeKalb County Revenue Commission: (256) 845-8515
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office: (256) 845-3801
- DeKalb County Homeland Security / Emergency Management Agency: (256) 845-8569