By Southern Torch Staff (Photo by Brian Snyder/Reuters)
DeKALB COUNTY, Ala. — The Alabama Department of Public Health will be hosting six drive-thru flu shot clinics in DeKalb County this October.
According to healthline.com, anywhere from five to 20 percent of the population of the United States get the seasonal flu ever year, resulting in 31.4 million outpatient visits each year. These statistics reflect the 2017-18 flu season.
The flu shots are first-come, first-serve while supplies last for adults of all ages. There is no charge for Medicare/Medicaid or Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama (BCBS) patients with an insurance card. The cost is $15 to all other insured and uninsured patients. Services will not be denied due to inability to pay.
The following locations will be available for flu shots:
- Collinsville: 10/27/20, 9 am – 11 am at City Hall, 39 Post Office St.
- Crossville: 10/27/20, 12 pm – 2 pm at City Park, 14108 AL HWY 68
- Fort Payne: 10/21/20, 8 am – 3 pm at VFW Fairgrounds, 151 18th St. NE
- Geraldine: 10/30/20, 9 am – 11 am at First Baptist Church, 12854 Hwy 227
- Ider: 10/28/20, 9 am – 11 am at Missionary Baptist Church, 1695 Dogwood Drive
- Valley Head: 10/28/20, 12 pm – 2 pm at the field beside Town Hall, 41 Anderson St.
For more information, please visit alabamapublichealth.gov.