By Staff Reports
FORT PAYNE, Ala. — The Fort Payne Police Department released the following directives for traffic in the city tomorrow for the Annual Independence Day Fireworks Celebration:
Due to the large amount of traffic that will be in the 45th Street area after the City of Fort Payne Fireworks display on Friday evening, we will implement the following traffic pattern:
- When the fireworks show begins all southbound traffic on Gault Avenue will be diverted onto 49th street west
- 45th street will be closed to incoming traffic
- All cars on the west side of the sports complex will exit toward Gault Avenue
- All cars on the east side of the sports complex will exit toward Williams Avenue/Godfrey Avenue
- The Heil parking lot will also observe the same exit pattern as the sports complex traffic
- Stadium Drive will be closed at 4:00 pm from the gate at FPMS to FPHS. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If you are picking up personnel from the complex area, please allow all traffic to clear out of area before doing so.
PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE AND OBEY OFFICER DIRECTIONS!