PHOTO: Mr. Shane Byrd, Principal of Fort Payne Middle School addresses the board on the school's progress and goals for the upcoming year. (Marla Jones | Southern Torch)
By Marla Jones, Reporter • email@example.com
FORT PAYNE, Ala. — The Fort Payne City Board of Education held their regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, July 26, 2018.
Shane Byrd, Principal of Fort Payne Middle School made a presentation on the schools progress from last year and goals for the upcoming school year.
The Board accepted the following resignations:
- Troy Mueller, Bus Driver
- Marcella Snay, CNP Worker at Williams Avenue Elementary School
- Shannon Keef, CNP Worker at Williams Avenue Elementary School
- Scott Shankles, Head Middle School Softball Coach
The Board approved the following transfers:
- Kelly Chapman from 3rd Grade Teacher at Williams Avenue Elementary School to Elementary Technology Specialist.
- Heath Blalock from half-time Bus Driver to full-time Bus Driver
- Heather Nadolny from CNP Assistant Manager at Fort Payne Middle School to CNP Worker at Williams Avenue Elementary School.
The Board made the following recommendations and placements:
- Shawn Turner, History Teacher at Fort Payne High School
- Hailey Jones, 3rd Grade Teacher at Williams Avenue Elementary School
- Mallory Durham, EL Teacher at Wills Valley Elementary School
- Gwendolyn Jelks, System-Wide Special Education Aide
- Carla Beal, CNP Data Entry Position
- Scott Azbell, Mechanic Assistant
- Ashley Hughes, P.E. Teacher at Fort Payne Middle School
- Approved the following additions to the Extended Day Program Staff, effective for the 2018-2019 school year
- P.M. Aide- This position will be shared on a rotating basis
- Jada Battles
- Tanner Pridmore
The Board approved the request from Brian Jett, Athletic Director/Principal at FPHS for the following out of state travel
- FPHS FFA Student Representatives and Faculty Advisor (October 22-28, 2018 National Convention-Indianapolis, Indiana
The Board accepted the following bids:
- Approved the lowest bid substantially in compliance with the specifications for the following equipment from Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc., as submitted.
- Two (2) combination ovens-Wills Valley Elementary School
- Shelving for Cooler and Storage Room-Fort Payne Middle School
- Shelving for Cooler-Fort Payne High School
- Approved the lowest bids in compliance with the specifications for beverage products from Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc. for the 2018-2019 school year, as submitted.
- Approved the lowest bids substantially in compliance with the specifications for fresh produce from Forestwood Farm, Inc., for the 2018-2019 school year, as submitted.
- Approved the lowest bid substantially in compliance with the specifications from Cedar Bluff Oil Company, for diesel fuel and motor oil, for the 2018-2019 school year, as submitted:
- $2.10 per gallon of diesel fuel *fluctuating price
(.16 cents per gallon over Opis low price)
- $2.20 per quart for motor oil
The Fort Payne City Board of Education will present the first budget hearing, on August 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. in the conference room of the Central Office. On August 23, 2018, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the conference room of the Central Office the next regular Board Meeting and final Budget Hearing will be held. All meetings are open to the public.