A Moment with Megan: Cast Your Cares

A Moment with Megan: Cast Your Cares

By Megan Blansit, Southern Torch Faith Contributor

Has anyone reading this ever been through a storm? And by “storm” I mean a rough time. Great, glad I’m not the only one. Storms are no fun. They’re often draining spiritually, mentally, and perhaps even physically.

If you have read my articles before, I hope that you have picked up that I face issues just like you do and that I also try to be as transparent as possible.

Certain situations have left me drained and confused lately but I’ve realized that these are the moments where God’s power can be revealed the most… which is actually super cool.

Recently, the Lord led me to James 1:2-8 and it reads:

[blockquote style="3"]“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such as person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.”[/blockquote]

Notice that it says “…whenever you face trials…” It does not say “if.” Friends, trials are going to come. Life will get tough, but I rejoice in knowing that we serve a Master who walks with us through the storms.

Deuteronomy 31:6 says, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God foes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Jesus never leaves us, friend! The storm you are facing right now does not intimidate Him.

Now, knowing that life will sometimes bring storms my question to you is: “Who do you walk towards when there is trouble?” Think about when you are troubled about a situation. Who do you “take it” to? Your mom, friend, aunt, brother? Why is God often our second or even last resort?

I believe that some people think God doesn’t care about the “small” things. Friend, please don’t minimize what you are facing; the Lord wants to help you and he cares. Psalm 55:2 says, “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.” It does not say “Cast only big issues” but ‘Cast YOUR cares.” If it matters to you, it matters to God.

Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest.” A key word that stands out to me is “come”. This requires an action on our part. It doesn't say “sit in your sorrow”, it says “come”. What does He mean by come? To me it means come to the throne room. AKA, get in your prayer closet or in that quiet place with Him.

Friend it’s time we take action and take it to the King. The King who is never off duty. The King who delights in carrying your burdens. If that wasn’t true, why would God send his son to die an agonizing death on the cross? It was for our benefit, not his.

It all boils down to a relationship; He wants you to converse with him about situations you are facing. He wants to hear your voice. And the beautiful thing, He wants to carry your burdens. What a love.
In closing, I pose the question, who are you casting your cares on and who do you run to when weary and heavy burdened? As always, thank you for reading. I’ll see you next week!