A Moment with Megan: Get Ready

Megan Blansit
Megan Blansit, Founder of The Beautiful Movement

By Megan Blansit

Founder of The Beautiful Movement - a youth ministry for high school girls. For more information, visit The Beautiful Movement’s Facebook page, where I post the time, place, and activity for each month

I think we can all agree that the world is getting a little too chaotic for comfort. Mass shootings and bomb threats seem to sadly be becoming a trend. It is extremely easy to get caught up in the fear of ISIS, bomb threats, mass shootings, earthquakes, etc. I will be the first to raise my hand and say that I have let fear almost paralyze me.

Let me change trains for just a second. When I was in 5th grade,  I heard the Lord speak to me for the first time. Perhaps the Lord had spoken to me before and I was not aware or gave him credit, but THIS time I knew! I had just finished reading my Bible and was lying in bed… within a few seconds my heart started racing but it was almost a peaceful rush (if that makes any sense.) Then it happened! The Lord spoke clear as day into my spirit and said “Get ready, I’m coming back soon.” It felt audible, but I know it wasn’t. I sat up in bed as fast as lightening! Was he coming back in the next 5 minutes?!? Did I have only seconds left on the Earth? You can imagine the mind of a 5th grader in this moment. I did not know when He was coming, but I knew one thing- I was EXCITED! I have always found such joy in daydreaming of Heaven. I seriously cannot imagine getting to wrap my arms around Jesus and just weep at His feet; He’s been so good to me. I cannot wait to see my grandmother and other family members again, walk the streets of gold, meet Noah and David… and the list could go on and ON!

What happened the next day was life changing for many people. The day after the Lord spoke that He was coming back soon, two planes hit the twin towers in New York. Yes, it was 9/11.  What a huge tragedy and my heart still goes out for the lives lost and the families affected. When I heard the news I was 100% confident that the rapture was about to take place!! Well, obviously we are still here, and I praise God for that because there are still lost people.

Going back to my first paragraph- ISIS. I will honestly say those 4 letters have put a tremendous amount of fear into my mind for a period of time. I won’t share the thoughts that were placed into my mind of “potential incidents” because I do not want to birth any ideas into your head, but I will say I went through a very fearful time a few months ago. I would dare to believe some of you may have been or are in the same boat I was.

One night in particular, I was lying in bed, completely consumed with fear! Then I was reminded of the reassuring moment I had with the Lord in 5th grade, “Get ready, I’m coming back soon.” A peace began to flow over me… but of course Satan won’t give up that easily. Then the thoughts, “But ISIS is so big! No one can stop them!!”….”Lord, you probably wouldn’t ever stop them!!” Next, another tangible moment happened. Clear as day I heard in my spirit, “But am I big enough?” …. *cue the tears* … I had breakthrough! “YES! Absolutely YES” Jesus is indeed big enough. Does this mean he will whip out all the terrorists? No, I am not saying that. But I am saying the Lord is big enough and has plenty of power to command anything into existence. This stands for any area of your life, friend. God is bigger than ANYTHING you are facing. There is such peace in that statement, I pray you grasp onto that.

I’m not trying to get super spiritual, but I truly believe that my generation will witness the coming of the Lord. The rapture may not take place until we are 90, but I believe it will happen! In the meantime, stand assured that Christ is always with us and He is bigger than anything we face! He promises to never leave us, nor forsake us. Wow, what a love. I pray that this article spoke to you in some way, whether it gave you hope or maybe even compels you to give your life to Christ. No sin is worth hindering you from meeting our creator and getting to spend eternity in Heaven. Please friend, don’t miss it! Get ready, He is coming back soon. Be blessed!