A Moment with Megan: Forgiven & Full of Purpose

A Moment with Megan: Forgiven & Full of Purpose

By Megan Blansit

Founder of The Beautiful Movement - a youth ministry for high school girls. For more information, visit The Beautiful Movement’s Facebook page, where I post the time, place, and activity for each month

Do I have any dog lovers reading this? Good, glad I’m not the only one. I have a dog named Bella, whom I talk about like she is my child.  She’s the cutest and smartest little four legged animal I’ve ever seen. Before Bella was completely spoiled, she use to sleep in the laundry room (with food and water of course.) Well, one night she got a taste of sweeter sleep when I let her sleep on my comfortable bed. After that she was no longer pleased with being confined to the laundry room.

Lets be honest, I can get ill real fast if my sleep gets interrupted during the night. One night in particular Bella would not stop digging on the laundry room door, begging to get out. At first I laid there in bed hoping and probably praying that she would stop barking and scratching the door. My tolerance level was not too high that night. I got up to scold her and once I got back in bed I felt like the worst (pet) mom. I just knew she would be so hurt or mad at me the next morning, because she never gets scolded. To my surprise, Bella was full of joy and ran to me like she usually does each morning. I know this may sound silly, but I was so relieved! It is as if she did not remember me scolding her the night before and was still the hyper, loving dog that I always wake up to.

This whole story may sound weird to some people, but please stay with me. After this little incident I was instantly reminded that this mirrors Christ. No matter how much we mess up, He keeps no recollection of our wrongs and love us no matter what! Micah 7:19 says that Christ WILL (not maybe, depending on the sin) cast our sins into the depths of the sea. I don’t know about you, but I think that is amazing! Once we ask for forgiveness, our Heavenly Father tosses our sins into the sea, never going back out to remember them! Hebrews 8:12 says, “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Maybe you’re reading this and thinking, “Megan, I’ve sinned too much for God to forgive me.” Friend, don’t keep letting Satan brainwash you. All you have to do is ask for forgiveness and turn away from the sin that is keeping you bound. The Lord is here with arms wide open, ready to forgive you!

Next, dogs love toys, right? Sometimes dogs like to find their own “toys” around the house, but these could be dangerous for a dog to play with, much less chew on. My motherly role then has to step in and tell her “No” and then take the object away. I cant just let Bella have free range on anything and everything because certain things could hurt her cute little self, which could result in bad consequences. Furthermore, the Lord didn’t make the ten commandments just to have rules or be mean, he made them because hey, the world would be a better place if we didn’t steal, murder, etc. The Lord has your best interest in mind when he says not to do something, friend.

No sin is too great that it cannot be washed under the blood. He died on the cross for us knowing that we wouldn’t be perfect. He wouldn’t have needed to hang on the cross with nails in his hands and feet if we didn’t need a savior. He was thinking about you on the cross, friend. He loves us no matter what; that’s a crazy kind of love! It’s a love that I want no one to miss out on experiencing. Lastly, not only does he master in forgiving, but he is a pro at pouring out purpose. Jeremiah 29:11 says, For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, they are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” The Lord doesn’t change his plans from good to disastrous based on how many sins you have or haven’t committed. He always wants the best for you! There is no such thing as sinning too many times. Friend, you are forgiven and never forgotten! You’re not an accident. You are cherished and highly favored, and YOU have a purpose. Also, take a wild guess where my sweet pup sleeps now…