Community

Mackey Makes Stop in DeKalb County

By Marla Jones,Managing Editor • marla@southerntorch.com Pictured (L to R): Carol Hiett, Robert Elliot, Mark Richards, Monty Darwin, Dr. Eric

New E-911 Center Unveiled

By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • marla@southerntorch.com RAINSVILLE, Ala. — The brand new E-911 Jimmy Wright Emergency Operations Center is

Snow Day?

By Zach Hester, Reporter • zach@southerntorch.com (File Photo) DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. — Tuesday may have turned out to be just

SKI BAMA!

By Marla Jones,Managing Editor • marla@southerntorch.com MENTONE, Ala. — After much anticipation, Cloudmont Ski Resort, the only ski slope in

Rainsville Loses One of its Beloved Citizens

By Staff Reports RAINSVILLE, Ala. — On Sunday, Rainsville lost one of its most beloved and oldest citizens.  Sibyl Blackwell,

INTO THE WOODS with Southern Torch!

My name is Hasten Jones.  The night before my 14th birthday, I had a dream that I killed a big

Coach of the Year

By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • marla@southerntorch.com FORT PAYNE, Ala. — Fort Payne Cross Country Coach Ashley Griggs Jackson was recently

Into the Woods with Southern Torch!

My name is Gage Hunter Griggs. I am 17 and I am a senior at Fort Payne High School. This

Cole to open private practice

By Marla Jones, Managing Editor • marla@southerntorch.com FORT PAYNE, Ala. — Dr. Jeff Cole announced on Thursday that he would be

A Moment with Megan: No Expiration Dates

By Megan Blansit, ST Faith Columnist (Submitted Photo) This article was previously published in an earlier edition of The Southern Torch. It