The DeKalb County GOP Breakfast Club will meet Saturday morning at Western Sizzlin' in Fort Payne for their monthly meeting.
This month's speaker will be Senator Clay Scofield (R-DeKalb/Marshall/Blount/Madison) who was just reelected to his second term without opposition. At just 34 years of age, Senator Scofield is seen as a rising star in Alabama politics.
Scofield serves on the following committees in the Alabama Legislature:
- Tourism and Marketing, Chairman
- Small Business, Vice Chairman
- Business and Labor
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
- Job Creation and Economic Development
- Commerce, Transportation and Utilities
- Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability
- Local Legislation 4
- Legislative Building Authority
There is no cost of admittance to the DeKalb GOP Breakfast Club, and the club is open to anyone who wishes to attend. The meeting will begin at 7:30 AM.