By Zach Hester, Reporter • email@example.com
RAINSVILLE, Ala. — Due to inclement winter weather across North Alabama, several COVID-19 vaccination clinics have moved to adapt to the snow and ice.
The COVID-19 vaccination clinic that was originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 16, was among those forced to reschedule.
The second clinic for COVID-19 vaccinations in DeKalb County will now be held on Tuesday, March 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The drive-thru event will once again be held at Rainsville's Northeast Agri-Business Center.
Per guidance from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), only the following groups are currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine:
- All citizens over the age of 65
- First responders
- Corrections officers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Food and agriculture workers
- Manufacturing and grocery store workers
- Public transit workers
- People who work in the education sector (teachers, support staff, community college and higher education)
- Childcare workers
- Judiciary (circuit judges, district judges, and district attorneys).
For more information, please visit alabamapublichealth.gov.